I'm now at the end of week 2. I completed Legs & Back on Friday, and yesterday was ARX and Kenpo X (not enough time to get ARX in on Friday so I made it up yesterday). Kenpo is just not that challenging of a workout. Cathe could kick Tony's butt any day ;-) I'm seeing good endurance gains, too. I can do just about all the reps of all the exercises in ARX now :D Despite going as heavy as I could and feeling wasted at the end of workouts, I really didn't have any DOMS to speak of this week. Compared to week 1, where I was very sore most of the week, it's a welcome change. I hope I'm still working hard enough to make good fitness gains. I feel like P90X is less about heavy weight work and more about endurance and muscle shaping, which I wouldn't have thought based on reviews. There are SO many reps, though, I'm not sure what sort of strength gains can really be made. Plus, with my heart rate being up in the aerobic zone for significant portions of the weight workouts, I'm sure I'm burning fat, but not sure about the building muscle. Time will tell, though.
Nutrition this week was good. I had a (planned) splurge meal while out with DH at his company Xmas party. Through the other days, though (didn't track on Friday), my average cals were 1528, keeping macros in range. No more weight loss this week, but I am down almost 1% body fat. I have one more active week in Phase 1, then it's onto a Recovery Week! Woo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment